OKLAHOMA CITY — Officials believe a faulty propane system caused a northeast Oklahoma City home to explode Thursday, leaving one girl dead and three others injured.
Berklee Maguire, 14, was killed, while her father, Shawn, suffered serious injuries. Her mother and brother, Tandy and Hayden, suffered burn injuries.
Oklahoma City Fire Department Battalion Chief Benny Fulkerson said "(the house) was leveled like an EF5 tornado came through here."
Neighbor Patti Wommer said the father explained how he plugged in a coffee pot and "the house blew up."
Be the first to know
Get local news delivered to your inbox!