Details for PB-21-493/GARRETT
Published in the Tulsa World, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, June 10 & 17, 2021
IN THE DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR TULSA COUNTYSTATE OF OKLAHOMA In The Matter of the Estate of Margaret NaDean Garrett, Deceased Case No. PB-2021-493 Attorney Lien Claimed COMBINED NOTICE OF PETITION FOR SUMMARY ADMINISTRATION NOW ON this 28th day of May, 2021, a Petition for Summary Administration having been filed the Court finds that the Court shall dispense with the regular estate proceedings prescribed by law and the Court orders Notice to Creditors. Further the Court sets a Final Hearing as set forth herein upon the Petition For Summary Administration, Final Accounting, Determination of Heirship, Distribution of Estate, and Discharge.
1. Decedent Margaret NaDean Garrett, who resided at 811 Elder Ave., Sand Springs, Oklahoma, Tulsa County, Tulsa County, Oklahoma departed this life on the 7th day of December 2020. The decedent was ninety-one (91) years of age and a resident of Tulsa County, Oklahoma, at the time of her death.
2. The petitioner is Randall Scott Garrett whose address is 616 S. 107th E. Ave., Tulsa, Oklahoma 74128.
3. The Last Will and Testament of Margaret NaDean Garrett deceased has been filed in the referenced case.
4. The names and addresses of the heirs of the decedent are as follows:
Name/ Address Age Relationship Randall Scott Garrett Legal Heir (son) 616 S. 107th E. Ave. Tulsa, Oklahoma 74128 Eric Clifton Garrett Legal Heir (son) 16503 W 46th Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063 Michael Garrett Legal Heir (Grandson) 4024 E 25th St Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114 Robert Garrett Legal Heir (Grandson) (currently living in Thailand) US mailing address: c/o Janet Garrett 3209 Bermuda Ave. Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063 Ryan Garrett Legal Heir (Grandson) 5803 E 25th Pl. Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114
5. The total value of the estate of the decedent as set forth in the Petition is $180,000.00.
6. THE FINAL HEARING is hereby set for the 28th day of July, 2021 at 11:30 o'clock A.M., in room 701 of the Tulsa County Courthouse, 500 S. Denver Ave. Tulsa, Oklahoma before the undersigned Judge of the District Court, which is a date forty-five (45) days following the filing of the petition and combined notice.
7. Any person receiving the notice or any interested party may file objections to the petition at any time before the final hearing and send a copy to the attorney for the petitioner, John B. DesBarres, 16530 W. 58th Street S., Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063, or that person will be deemed to have waived any objections to the petition.
8. If an objection is filed before the hearing, the court will determine at the hearing whether the petition shall be admitted to probate, whether summary proceedings are appropriate and, if so, whether the estate will be distributed and to whom the estate will be distributed.
9. The claim of any creditor not shown in the petition will be barred unless the claim is presented to the personal representative, C/O his attorney, John B. DesBarres, 16530 W. 58th Street S., Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063, no more than thirty (30) days following the filing of the petition and combined notice.
10. Within ten (10) days of filing of the petition and combined notice, notice of the petition, notice to creditors, and notice of final accounting, determination of heirship, distribution and discharge shall be published once each week for two (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper that is authorized by law to publish legal notices and that is published in the county where the petition is filed. If no newspaper authorized by law to publish legal notices is published in the county, the notice shall be posted in three public places in the county, one of which shall be the county courthouse. Within ten (10) days of filing of the petition and combined notice, the combined notice shall be mailed to creditors of the decedent as provided in Sections 331 and 331.1 of this title. Within ten (10) days of filing of the petition and combined notice, the combined notice shall be mailed to all persons interested in the estate of the decedent at their respective last-known addresses.
11. If there is a defect in notice or in the form of the petition or if objections are filed, or for other good cause shown, the hearing may be postponed to a date certain.
IT IS SO ORDERED. Dated this 28th day of May, 2021. KURT GLASSCO Judge of the District Court Submitted by: John B. DesBarres OBA # 12263 16530 W. 58th St. S. Sand Springs, Oklahoma 74063 Cell Phone: 918-289-3330 Facsimile: 918-246-9375 MRJBDB@msn.com Attorney for Personal Representative, Randall Scott Garrett